Southside Virginia Community College
Keysville - 200 Daniel Road Keysville, VA 23947 434-736-2091
Alberta - 109 Campus Drive Alberta, VA 23821 434-949-1094
The Financial Aid Department is currently processing the
2012-2013 financial aid applications.
Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013 are considered 2012-2013.
To receive the maximum benefits of financial aid you should apply early!
2012-2013 FAFSA forms are available from the Financial Aid Department
or online (see forms section).
Visit the Financial Aid Office for help filling out the FAFSA.
Students should complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA for Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013 classes. Your 2011 tax information should be used for competing this form.
Fall students must register for all classes, including late starting or second 8-week classes, by September 1 in order to receive full financial aid benefits. Please contact your advisor or register online.
Patricia Mahaney, Veteran Affairs Coordinator, is available at 434-736-2377. She can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her office hours are as follows:
Christanna Campus: Wednesday and Friday 8:00-4:30
Daniel Campus: Monday and Thursday 8:30-4:00
• Click here for resources for student/veterans.
• Click here for the "National Resource Directory" with information
for wounded, ill and injured service members and veterans, their families
and those that support them.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is a series of standards including academic performance and classroom attendance established by the U.S. Department of Education. In order to receive federal and state financial aid, a student must meet these standards.
Click here to learn more.
The Financial Aid Program is designed to help students meet costs related to course work at SVCC from a variety of federal, state, and local sources. Financial assistance is available for those who apply and meet the government-based guidelines.
Remember that the financial aid application process must be completed each academic year whether you utilize all your awarded aid or not. You may apply any time after you have filled out your (and your parents if required) Federal Income Tax Return. The preferred date for applications is June 30. Applicants who have applications in before the preferred date may be eligible for additional assistance.
Need help? Click on the "Live Help" link (in the column to the left) for assistance Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Or visit with the Financial Aid Officers on your campus for assistance. (If the radial button on the live chat link is red, the advisors are between shifts. Please try again momentarily.)
To apply for financial aid you must complete the Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available from your local high school, community college or area university. There are several ways to complete the form listed below in order of efficiency:
- For the 2012-2013 school year, bring your 2011 Federal Tax Transcript (and your parents if required) along with all W2s into any SVCC Financial Aid Office and we will assist you with completing the form and submit it for you (recommended).
- Complete the form online at FAFSA on the Web.
- Complete and mail the form per directions.
In order for your information to be released to Southside Virginia Community College, you must list the school code for SVCC on the FAFSA (code 008661).
Make sure that the mailing address that the College has for you is correct. If you need to change your mailing address, you may do so at Admissions & Records. The address that you fill out on your FAFSA will not update your master record with the College.
A request for any additional documents will be mailed to you. Processing of your application will take two to four weeks after we have received your accurate SAR and all other documentation.
- NOTE: If your application for financial aid is selected by the federal processing center for a process called Verification, you must provide a copy of your federal income tax return and a form called the Verification Worksheet, which will be mailed to you by Enrollment Services/Financial Aid. You may also download your forms using the links to the left.
- Financial aid will be awarded and awards may be checked by signing on to Student Information System (SIS). You can sign on to SIS by going to MySVCC.
|To help meet students’ educational expenses, Southside is offering the Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) Tuition Payment Plan (formerly FACTS and infiNET) during each semester.
For more information, click here.